Commercial Insurance for Amazon Delivery Drivers
Before you can start delivering for Amazon Prime, there are a few requirements that you need to meet with regard to driver training, vehicle capacity or volume, and insurance. With regard to insurance, the requirements are similar to those of businesses that provide on-demand transportation - such as logistics, courier, and even trucking.
The basic insurance requirements include:
- Business or general liability - This provides coverage up to $1,000,000 per occurrence or $2,000,000 aggregate
- Commercial auto insurance - This is the most basic coverage for the most common accidents that may result in bodily or personal injury, damage to your property, damage to another party’s property, and even wrongful death, up to $1,000,000. In some cases, it can also cover cargo in transit.
- Workers’ compensation - In the event that your employees are injured while working, like when loading or unloading cargo, this cover will cater for hospital expenses and lost wages so you don’t have to pay out-of-pocket, up to $1,000,000. It is also mandatory in most states.
- Cargo liability - This insurance is necessary to protect you from sticky situations, where the cargo is lost, stolen, damaged, or delivered late. These events are inevitable in the delivery business, so you should protect yourself sufficiently to avoid costly claims. The requirement is $25,000 or higher for Amazon Fresh.
Although Amazon’s delivery requirements apply nationwide, there could be a few variations depending on your state of operation. All types of insurance are important to protect various aspects of your business from expensive claims. However, it is possible to forgo some types of coverage and include them in a more general policy.
For instance, non-hazardous, low-value cargo can be sufficiently covered under your custom-made commercial auto insurance policy. But you may still need cargo insurance for high-value shipments.
Learn more about our Amazon Insurance and Policy:
- Amazon Flex Insurance Claims
- Amazon DSP (Delivery Service Provider) Insurance California
- Amazon Flex Commercial Insurance California
- Amazon Flex Auto Insurance California
- Amazon Flex Auto Policy California
Sufficient Amazon Driver Coverage
Brookhurst Insurance brokers can help you streamline your insurance needs so your cargo, employees, vehicles, and business are adequately protected from all business risks. Contact us today for help finding the right cargo insurance for your type and size of vehicle, as well as the value of goods you intend to transport.
For plans & pricing information regarding the Commercial Insurance options we provide for Amazon Delivery Drivers, please call us @ 818.465.7860 & we’ll assist you with any questions, concerns, or inquiries you may have. We may also be conveniently contacted online using our online contact form.
"Working with Brookhurst has been a blessing to my business! They aren't like other insurance agencies where you feel as if you’re talking to a robot that doesn’t care. Instead, they actively work with you to find an insurance package that ensures your business is covered properly. I wouldn’t have it any other way."Shawn M., Los Angeles, CA
"Let's face it, insurance is never something fun – but the agents at Brookhurst have made it a pleasant experience. As a successful business owner, the one thing I recommend to all other business owners is to make absolutely sure your business is covered properly & the brokers over at Brookhurst know exactly how to accomplish that. "James L., Encino, CA
"I work as an owner of a small nursing home care facility and you would be surprised how many liabilities pop up in this industry. I found Brookhurst online and their agents were a great help in making sure my small business was covered properly given the budget I had. It’s been a pleasure working with them. Thank you."Sarah S., Northridge, CA