Minimum Insurance for Amazon DSP (Delivery Service Provider)
The Amazon DSP program encourages entrepreneurs to become its “Delivery Service Partners” for a franchise fee of $10,000, which will in turn allows them to become Amazon’s local delivery operators. The DSP partner is expected to lease an Amazon van or fleet and hire its own drivers to handle last mile delivery for Amazon’s freight. Routes are optimized every day by Amazon, which also helps the partners secure discounted insurance deals.
Insurance for DSP drivers
The delivery service partner is expected to uphold personal insurance for both the vehicles and drivers (employees) so it is compliant with laws in that particular region and state.
In addition to workers’ comp, there are four primary coverage modules which are required , including:
- Property damage – involves coverage of any damage to third-party property
- Personal injury – involves coverage of personal injuries when you’re not at-fault
- Bodily injury – which involves coverage of injuries sustained to over parties involved in an accident
- Uninsured / underinsured motorist protection – provides additional coverage when the at-fault driver does not have or had insufficient liability insurance
Our Brookhurst insurance brokers can help you identify the minimum insurance requirements, and the best provider so you can maximize your savings.
The minimum insurance is:
- $15,000 per person for a bodily injury liability case
- $5,000 for property damage liability per accident
- $30,000 for bodily injury liability per accident
In some cases, depending on the severity of the accident, injury, or damage, these limits may not be enough to cover all liability needs. It does not necessarily cost you a lot more to raise your auto insurance limits.
Please contact our your insurance brokers to discuss your options. They will help you find a good insurance provider , and find ways to reduce your insurance costs without risking your financial future.
We have specialized agents that will help you find the best solution for your insurance needs, offering customized coverage plans unique to your business. Our rates are very competitive. You may request a quote either by calling our office @ 818.465.7860 or by filling out our quote form.