How to proceed with Amazon Flex insurance claims
If involved in an accident during a delivery, keep calm, contact the right authorities, and try to cooperate with the first responders. When asked to provide proof of insurance, you should give them the Amazon Flex policy information – Amazon prepares drivers to handle such incidents. If you’re mobile enough and the scene is safe, take pictures of the damage and incident.
NOTE: If you are involved in an accident please do not call us to report a claim. Call your insurance carrier to report any claims.
If you’re at fault for damaging a customer’s property, like their vehicle, fence, or mailbox, you should also offer them your Amazon Flex policy information, as well.
When you’re safe and the accident has been dealt with, you should then inform Amazon Flex about the incident via telephone or email, making sure to include:
- The time the incident occurred
- Location of the incident
- Description of damage
- Personal information about the other parties involved
- Pictures of the scene, dashcam footage, and the police report numbers if available
The insurance policy may contact you later for more information. Answer all their questions, and follow their instructions regarding repairs and other things. Be patient as Amazon will handle everything until the issue is resolved.
Keep in mind that Amazon’s insurance will only cover you if the accident occurs when making deliveries. After delivering your last package, the coverage ceases and reverts to your personal auto insurance.
The Amazon Flex policy covers:
- Liability – bodily injury and property damage for the third-party when you’re at-fault
- Contingent comprehensive and collision insurance – covers damage to your vehicle when you’re at fault, or due to weather and other circumstances
- Towing and packages – this applies when your vehicle becomes disabled after an accident. Amazon personally handles cases of stolen or damaged packages.
- Underinsured / underinsured motorist coverage – applies when the accident is caused by the other party, but they lack adequate coverage to compensate you for the medical bills and vehicle repair
The policy doesn’t cover
- Medical payments – as an independent contractor, you don’t have Workers Compensation when working for Amazon Flex. In case of injury, your own medical insurance should apply, or the homeowner’s policy if injured on their property
- Roadside assistance – any towing or roadside assistance due to mechanical failure is not covered by Amazon Flex
- Other incidents – the policy doesn’t apply if you’re found to be negligent through racing or injuring yourself. In addition, damages resulting from terrorism, acts of war, or nuclear hazards are not covered.
Your insurance agents can help you get the right insurance products so you’re covered at all times.
We have specialized agents that will help you find the best solution for your insurance needs, offering customized coverage plans unique to your business. Our rates are very competitive. You may request a quote either by calling our office @ 818.465.7860 or by filling out our quote form.